Thursday, April 25, 2013

Stop me before i say something stupid . . .

Here is an official update, straight from my case worker at Bethany:

"Yes, she is going to send another letter. The first one was sent certified mail and then next will be FedEx. This shows a diligent effort on Bethany's part o give him notice of the situation. If he does not accept that letter then she will move on to publishing for him. The publication runs once a week for three weeks and then at the end of the three weeks, there is a 30 day window for him to respond. "

The first letter had been sitting at his address for two - or so - weeks, unclaimed.

I try to encourage myself with the knowledge that God had this baby here for His purposes whether he is ours or not. If anyone else had anything better, please share.

So the 'thirty days' won't start for a month or more. If more is typed, it will be ugly and embarrassing as I am moving into a state of frustration. Gonna go check this heart and try to nap.

Please keep praying.

And call or stop in anytime. Hugs are welcome.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine referred me to your blog. We recently adopted through the same organization. I tried to go back and look at your previous blogs but I know I don't know all the details. Luckily, I don't need the details. God has the details and while its frustrating for us on this side of everything it will work out for his good and benefit. We will be praying for you as the fathers rights are terminated. I remember being so paranoid because we didn't know who our sons birthfather is but we did have to hire a private investigator to find him. I was so afraid he would want custody. Sadly, we still don't know who he is but termination and finalization eventually went through with no problems and we will pray the same for you. I've always loved Hab 2:3 while it talks of a different waiting I still have applied it to waiting times in my life.

    ReplyDelete