Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18, 2010

This was the last day at work for me. I thought I would feel like a free bird but I am a little sad to say good-bye to one of the best places and best people that I have worked with and for. And I must confess I'm a little anxious about all the stuff that we have to do over the next few weeks and how things will unfold. So, I remind me myself where to put my hope. Jesus.

This is the first week that we have not met with our b-mom and b-dad, as we both had a lot of busy-ness this week. As far as I know, we are still moving forward as planned. Next week, she starts a birth class for the next four weeks. Some classes I or we may attend - depending on her comfort level. We really enjoy the time we get with them, so I'm a little sad we didn't get to be with them this week. They are very easy to be with.

My friend, Amy, is planning a 'baby warming' party to help us collect some essentials - cloth diapers/accessories, bottles, blankets, etc. All the stuff we'll need the first 3 months. A few people have asked about a shower and I think that we would prefer to do it after the 10 day waiting period is over. Keep your calendar open for July 17th, in the evening and come with a sweet tooth.

Fundraising efforts have been AMAZING! All we really need is $3,000 and that will be due at the placement ceremony, which happens a few days after our 10 day waiting period. The placement ceremonay is at Bethany and is just another party for you to come and celebrate with us. Lord willing!!

Thank you for your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment