Thursday, October 29, 2009

Two weeks ago . . .

. . . I was at the OB/GYN office hearing all the pregnant chatter and looking at all the round bellies with babies inside of them. I admit that tears began to swell over the dam. The grief swept over me as quick as death. I was able to maintain my composure until I got into the car - although I'd have rather saved the crying until I got home, I just couldn't make it that far!!

What a precious gift - for a baby to grow inside of you. Sometimes I ache and long to know what it's like - even the many potential miseries of pregnancy dim at the loss of fertility. But I can't let this ache surpass and shadow my need for Jesus.

There are things that we will carry all of our lives, some may even call it their cross. And I guess that this will be one of mine. What a precious gift I have been given! That, in Jesus, I would find peace and contentment in this journey and in giving up this control. I truly can't wait to see what the Father has in store with each new day.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment